Saturday, October 30, 2010

Painting of the "Miraflores"


From Wikipedia:

Miraflores is the name of several places in Spanish-speaking countries. It is also the name of a battle fought in Peru in 1881. It means "to watch flowers" or "flower's view" from mira ("watch") and flores ("flowers").


That's what we have, or rather 'mirahierba'. I just doesn't have the same flow, does it?

I'm painting the landscape across the street. It's been raining so everything is coming to life. Besides the new grass beaming and squirming in the sun, I've made company with the hummingbird... family that lives in the Indian Paintbrush tree and a couple crows plus a small bird with black and white stripes on its head.

My first 30 minutes painting and I saw a Gray Fox ( ? or an over-sized house cat) sitting in the grass on the scope for a meal of tasty vermin, I like to believe that he was breathing
fresh air and blissful in the damp sunlit grass.

I saw four monarch butterflies flitter around each other and back and forth over the field.

Today I heard aggressive bird shrieks and saw an osprey sitting on the second-to-top branch of dead tree on the crest of the hill (very Halloweeny!). Small birds and crows were flying high then turning mid-air and swooping down to scare the osprey away. The osprey was at least 3 times the size of a large crow!

I am absolutely delighted!!

2 comments:

undergroundbastard said...

Tantalizing glimpse of that painting on the larger size of the photo! Way to be one with your environment, Oogie.

Heidi Born said...

Thanks! It feels great to get lost in it :)